Monday, February 2, 2009

And a Mysterious One

I don't know quite what to make of this picture of Asher. Sometimes, I will look down at him and the quizzical look on his face, as if he were deeply questioning the base assumptions of my life. It is jarring to see it captured in a photograph.

So does it have that effect on you? His sounds are absent. His tiny muscular body pulling up and back and away, his eyes roving the room aren't in that picture. The night before when I sat in the dark while his howl transformed into keening doesn't come with the photo glowing on the screen in front of me. I brought it with me. The picture is like a key to the chest I keep it in. Click and open it pops.

As you peer into those not so tiny eyes peering up at you, does it grab you like it grabs me?

three.jpg

No comments: